See You in LA!

eric_smallPosted by Eric Shepherd

I am looking forward to meeting old friends and new at this year’s Questionmark Users Conference in Los Angeles March 15 – 18!

LA is a place that revels in finding new ways to do things, and the conference will reflect that spirit by exploring a sea change that’s transforming the world of learning and assessment: the increasing adoption of social and informal learning initiatives by organizations of all stripes.

One of the things we’ll be talking about at the conference is the 70+20+10 model for learning and development, which I recently wrote about in my own blog . This model suggests that about 70% what we learn is from real-life and on-the job experiences — with about 20% coming from feedback and from observing and working with other people. That leaves about 10% of learning taking place through study or formal instruction. So how do we measure the other 90%? Where does assessment fit in to 70+20+10? These questions will make for some lively conversation!

We’ll be providing some answers to them by showing how Questionmark’s Open Assessment Platform works together with many commonly used informal/social learning technologies such as wikis, blogs and portals – and we’ll be showing how we will build on that going forward. We’ll demonstrate features and applications ranging from embedded, observational and mobile assessments to content evaluation tools, open user interfaces, new authoring capabilities in Questionmark Live, and next-generation reporting and analytics tools.

Of course we’ll share plenty of information and inspiration about assessments in the here and now as well as in the future! In addition to tech training, case studies, best practice sessions and peer discussions, you’ll be able to meet one-on-one with our technicians and product managers and network with other Perception users who share your interests.

I can’t wait to welcome you to the conference and I am looking forward to learning together with you. The conference program offers something for every experience level, so I hope you will take a look at it, sign up soon and join us in Los Angeles.

Leave a Reply