Using the Test Center Analysis report in Questionmark Analytics
- What it does: The Test Center Analysis Report allows users to evaluate the performance of participants who have been scheduled to take assessments at Test Centers. The report flags abnormal patterns that may indicate a statistically significant difference between the test scores.
- Who should use it: Assessment, learning and education professionals can use this report to review the performance at various Test Centers and evaluate whether there are significant differences in performance between them. They could use the report to spot potential test security issues. For example, do participants at a specific test center do much better on assessments compared to others?
- How it looks: This report offers a lot of information graphically and compactly, making it easy to interpret data quickly. It is broken down into two components (graphs).
1. Average assessment scores achieved by participants at each Test Center
- The triangles represent the mean values for the assessment results. Alongside each triangle are vertical bars denoting the variance of each mean value. The bars are 95% confidence intervals: The length of the confidence intervals denotes the variance of the mean value. If the bars are long then the data is varied. If the bars are short then the confidence in the mean value is high.
- The overlapping of the bars denotes the variance between mean values. If the bars overlap each other vertically in relation to each other, there is not a statistically significant difference between the means. If the vertical bars do not overlap, there is a statistically significant difference between the means.
- Note that in this example, Test Center 1 had the highest mean. You will also see that the confidence intervals do not overlap: the results for this Test Center are statistically significantly higher than for other Test Centers.
2. Number of results that occurred in each Test Center
- This volume information can help in planning for Test Center logistics.
A PDF and an analysis-friendly CSV version of the report can also be generated.